Stimulates senses of touch, sight, and sound | Improves grasping skills | Sparks curiosity | Essential teething toy | Helps understand cause & effect | Safe to mouth
- Free shipping PAN India on orders over Rs. 500
Delivers in: 3-7 Working Days Shipping & Return
ive your child the tool they need to soothe and entertain him/herself with this purposeful Wooden Cylinder Rattle. This handcrafted rattle is smooth to touch and made from Beech wood. This beautiful handcrafted Montessori inspired wooden rattle, is perfect for babies who are learning to grasp and shake an object. It is perfectly sized for a baby’s hands to hold and shake play.
Caring for Your Wooden Toys
Wooden toys are beautiful and durable. Toys made of natural materials bring your little one a little closer to the nature by nourishing the child’s senses.
Wood has natural anti-bacterial properties, so keeping them clean is simple and you can even get your kids involved in the process. Here are some tips that can come handy while taking care of the wooden toys –
- Wooden toys can be wiped with a dry cloth for daily maintenance and cleaning.
- No Soaking. Never submerge wooden toys in the water; to clean or otherwise. The wood can soak up the water which can gradually lead to cracks.
- Instead, a slightly damp cloth or sponge can be used to remove dirt or dust and then the toy should be air dried.
- While drying the toys, do not leave them in a direct sunlight. Sunlight can cause the colours to fade and long exposure to the sunlight and air might damage the wood.
- Every once in a while, you may want to moisturize wooden toys when it starts to look dry or dull. Coconut oil or olive oil can be applied sparingly with a washcloth. Then let it dry.
Recommended age period:
1 month and above.
How to introduce the activity to your child?
Babies can grasp an object from the moment they are born. This is an involuntary movement called the “grasping reflex”. But, by the time the little ones are three or four months old, they’ll be actively trying to grasp things with better-coordinated movements. Introducing rattles at this stage can be highly beneficial to the child.
Rattles can help a baby develop their senses of sight, sound, taste, smell and texture which is vital to their ability to make sense of the world around them.
During the first three months of your baby’s life, you can shake a rattle to help her experience and perceive sound. Encourage textural perception by gently dragging a soft rattle across a baby’s cheeks or down his legs, so that the child becomes familiar with touch and starts to comprehend differences between touches and textures.
The rattle grows with the child and can be used for music making as the child begins to engage in creative play encouraging more refined and intentional hand movements.
What is included?
A cylinder shaped rattle that makes a gentle sound when the baby waves it to and fro.
What will my child learn?
This beautiful baby rattle is smooth and safe for babies to use. It makes a fun sound as your baby plays, developing their senses of touch, sight, and sound.
The rattle encourages the development of more voluntary movements and coordination in your little one, as she/he tries to transfer them from one hand to the other.
It helps in improving the baby’s hand-eye coordination, concentration, grasping, and exploring skills.
These learning toys allow your baby to develop their fine motor skills, aid wrist movement and support the use of their hands.
Babies develop their gross motor skills when they extend their arms or try to crawl and reach for these toys.
The sound and patterns will engage the baby’s attention and spark curiosity.
The material is perfect for teething babies as well.
What is it made of?
The rattle is made from natural Beech wood, and is sealed with organic oil blends making it completely safe for the child.
- During its lifetime, a tree is subjected to many natural forces that cause variations in wood grain, color, knots, splits, and stains. These variations are not defects. They enhance the beauty of the wood and add to the characteristic of the handcrafted toys making each toy unique.
- As with any baby toy or accessory, please use only under adult supervision.
- Always inspect for damage prior to use.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.