Montessori Octahedron Mobile
- Free shipping PAN India on orders over Rs. 500
Delivers in: 3-7 Working Days Shipping & Return
The Octahedron Mobile is the third mobile in the visual mobile series. It is made up of three eight-sided, three-dimensional shapes. The eight faces of an octahedron are all identically sized equilateral triangles. The angular shapes, folds, and proportions are thought to subconsciously introduce babies to mathematical concepts. The mobile is in the primary colors (red, blue and yellow/gold) because, as babies’ eyesight develops, research has shown that these colors offer the greatest contrast to one another and therefore babies prefer to look at them.
Recommended Age Period:
Usually introduced when the baby is around six weeks old and can be used as long as the child shows interest.
It is intended to be hung above the baby’s movement area.
Line of Vision:
The mobile should be hanging above the baby’s chest, at a height of 30 cm/12 inch from the baby.
What is included?
Three octahedron-shaped ornaments in primary colors, threads and a wooden dowel. A simply DIY mobile that gives you the flexibility to hang the ornaments as per the required length.
What will my child learn?
• This mobile introduces primary colors just as your baby is developmentally ready to perceive them.
• The primary colors of the elements provide an added challenge to their still developing eyesight.
• The 3D shapes hang at different heights from a single straight dowel to encourage the baby to use both eyes together to track the mobiles’ movements as they sway gently.
• The octahedron’s clear-cut, simple equilateral triangles continue to expose your baby to mathematical concepts.
• Dynamic visual tracking – Allows the baby to track visual movements.
What is it made of?
The Octahedra are made with reflective cardstock and are suspended off a wooden dowel.
When placing your baby under a mobile, make sure that the baby is fully awake so that he/she can focus and observe the mobile.
Caring for Your Wooden Toys
Wooden toys are beautiful and durable. Toys made of natural materials bring your little one a little closer to the nature by nourishing the child’s senses.
Wood has natural anti-bacterial properties, so keeping them clean is simple and you can even get your kids involved in the process. Here are some tips that can come handy while taking care of the wooden toys –
- Wooden toys can be wiped with a dry cloth for daily maintenance and cleaning.
- No Soaking. Never submerge wooden toys in the water; to clean or otherwise. The wood can soak up the water which can gradually lead to cracks.
- Instead, a slightly damp cloth or sponge can be used to remove dirt or dust and then the toy should be air dried.
- While drying the toys, do not leave them in a direct sunlight. Sunlight can cause the colours to fade and long exposure to the sunlight and air might damage the wood.
- Every once in a while, you may want to moisturize wooden toys when it starts to look dry or dull. Coconut oil or olive oil can be applied sparingly with a washcloth. Then let it dry.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.